Well it's no secret that I am not very good at keeping up on communications on this blog. Ha. My last post was in May, when I had what I (still) consider a brilliant idea to come up with a jingle writing business (which has gone no further than where it was back in May, with the exception of me singing my jingle for Bry's Jingles to maybe 6 more people---er, test subjects rather. And so far, it has tested well in the market!)
I did write a country song, for my Daddy, and I managed to pay a high school friend and successful musician to write and record a track for me, (for the soul purpose of putting onto a tape, YES, tape, for my father to be able to play at will in his Oldsmobile... it was top of the line in '89) so I do count that as a win... but I find myself in awe that it is coming up once again on October, and I have let so much time go in between! Not necessarily wasted time by any means, but that I haven't kept up on events I attend or folks I actually get to share my book with.
But that's all going to change I tell ya! From here on out (or at least through the end of this month) I will be a machine for blog posts! All 3 of the people who even know this page exists will be bombarded by updates and recaps of updates and teasers about upcoming updates and then I will update those too! ... Okay, okay. Maybe that's a little much. But I am pledging to do more with this blog in this month for a few reasons: 1) it's Breast Cancer Awareness month 2) I have more time 3) 'cause that's what bloggers do?!
Whatever the reasoning, I have to admit that when I started this thing I really took for granted how much time and effort it takes to make it interesting and up to date. I guess I've just never been a 'computer is top of mind' person outside of my job. I wake up and get an idea, then get in the car and drive to help me hone the idea and shape it (it's how I wrote my country song, jingle for my jingle writing idea, and more...) and then I stop at Stewart's and reflect on my idea as I stand in line to pay for a Gingerale and some chocolate frosted Donettes (great combo by the way... although the local Stewart's staff might think I am a diabetic based on my frequent purchase records). Then something shiny distracts me when I get home or somebody wants me to go to Michael's Craft Store or my nephew calls and says, 'Aunt B: Come over to my house' and I drop everything and just go do whatever.
I am not complaining, as this methodology so far has proven (at a snails pace) to still get me a sense of accomplishment, but what it really comes down to is me sort of taking for granted all the fantastic blogs by other people that I frequent and how much work goes into them.
I mean, I've opted for the short-cut blog, on Blogspot, (which is a fantastic site/service, don't get me wrong) and I still can't pull it off. There are bloggers out there with their own web page and ability to post photos and text and they've got ads running across the top, sides, bottom and so on, and they update every other day or so, or at least once a week. (I am realizing this is all making me sound extremely lazy, but I must emphasize that there is a HUGE difference between laziness, and being easily distracted... the latter of which I am a sufferer.)
But now that I have my Mama on the case of Amazon books, and a few more relevant stories to tell, (besides my newfangled ideas and inventions: like my 'kids clicky ice cream squeezy cup') it seems the best time to get my a$$ in gear and really do something that matters... to somebody, somewhere. Maybe it will only matter to me, or me and my Mom, and that's really a-okay. :)
I guess it sorta comes down to the idea (and I am sure famous quote of some sort, by someone I don't know) that if you have a song, but never sing it, how can you expect anyone to like it? They can't like it if they can't hear it, and they can't hear it if you don't open up the pipes and lay it on 'em. Like the American classic 'Field of Dreams' featuring Kevin Kostner in his (first) prime (*he's totally on the verge of a second coming, I can feel it!!) says: 'If you build it, they will come.'
Well, I've got the supplies and I'm looking to really break some ground on this thing, so 'hold onto your butts!' -Samuel L. Jackson, Jurassic Park
More to come! (for real!!!) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment!